Monday, June 1, 2009

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!! HOORAY!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!


Excited..... ya think? I just found out I was selected to be a Summer Gardener for the GREETING FARM! I was so hesitant to check the blog to see who was chosen and then when I finally did and saw my name I had to go back and check a couple more times just to be sure I wasn't imagining it. Did I tell you how excited I am? I have to say they are right at the top of my favorite stamp companies. I love how easy they are to color and how I can use them for so many different things besides cards. OK, OK, I will stop gushing.
I went a little overboard when making samples for the DT submission so I have several samples to post over the next couple days.


I used one of the new Anya stamps to make a flip flop card. Pretty anya is enjoying herself soaking up the sun. I used a digi stamp from ALL THAT SCRAPS for the flip flop. I just made it the size I wanted in photoshop and cut the straps free hand. This is definitely a give in person card for obvious reasons. I punched holes at the ends of a piece of rectangle paper and threaded embroidery floss through to make the fringe. I put some crystal lacquer on her sunglasses to make them shiny, they look pretty cool.




CARD STUFF
Stamps - The Greeting Farm - Rain, snow, shine, All That Scraps - Sugarplums beach scenes
Paper - Inque boutique - cabana, water color paper, CS - CTMH
Ink - Various SU re-inkers and aquabrush
Etc., - Copics, Darice flowers, brads,embroidery floss, star button from Joann's

7 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

CONGRATS KIM!!!

I am SOOO excited for you! I have to resubscribe to your blog-something went wrong? I started following it back in April and it hasn't been updating me on your posts in Reader. :( Anyway, looking forward to working with you and CONGRATS again!!!! xoxo Jessica ;)

Barb said...

This is adorable! And the coloring is great.

And congratulations on the DT gig!

Anonymous said...

Gush all you want ! That's awesome, congratulations ! That has to be the cutest card ever! I might have to case it for my darling's birthday this year. I noticed also that I wasn't getting updates of your post on Reader. I scan the "Shabby Chicks" to see who has posted, and your's always says it's been 1 month since your last post! Weird !

Peggy said...

Congrats Kim!! Your creations are just awesome!!

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

LOVE this!!! You made the fringe...wow! These are also my kind of colors. I know what you mean about it being a "give in person" kind of card. I just had this conversation with a friend the other day. Wonderfully creative and cute card!

Amy said...

this is soooo freakin cute!!! :) i love Greeting Farm too- just havent gotten my hands on any yet!! CONGRATS ON THE DT CALL! :) i would be most excited also! :)

kadie said...

I said it on the previous post, but I'll say it again here too CONGRATS, Kim!! I can't WAIT to see your creative genius showcased with the Summer TGF stamps! This Flip Flop is adorable! I love the little towel!! That is perfect. You coloring is gorgeous. Yay! I'm so excited for you!