Friday, November 20, 2009

WHAT!!!!! NO PATTERNED PAPER?

That was my initial reaction when I heard that this week's FARM FRESH FRIDAY CHALLENGE is to make something without using any patterned paper. It had me shakin in my Manolo Blahniks, well, it would have if I owned a pair. Keds are more my style and budget. I gave it the ole college try though.

Thank goodness there was no mention of of not using layers and texture because I don't know what I would have done.

I used my new Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts die layered onto a circle scallop for the medallions. You know how when you were young and you got a new album, cd, itune whatever and you played it till you puked you were so sick of it? Well, that is how I am when I get something new for my craft room. I use it on everything till I just can't stand it any longer. So, you will probably see this on lots of projects, just a friendly warning. The candles and flower are from the ME TIME ANYA set from THE GREETING FARM.
Inside of card (also from Me Time Anya set).

Have a super weekend!

8 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so beautifully detailed, I never would have known that you didn't use any dp if you hadn't said so. Well done! Love all the pink!

Mary Giles said...

How pretty and elegant looking! I didn't even miss the DP. I can't wait to see what else you do with your new gadgets. Hahaha...keds my budget too...even better with BOGO.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Kim who needs DP when you can make elegant cards like this, Fabulous!

kadie said...

This is brilliant, Kim! The texture and patterns are PERFECT!! I adore how you've used all the diff stamps from this set too. You hit this challenge outta the park, Girlie!! I hope you had fun and weren't ready to throw one of your keds at me ;) HUGS

Danni said...

Beautiful!! Great job!

Unknown said...

kim...this is so pretty! i love the pink, and the clean lines! awesome job!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO beautiful and peaceful looking-just a WONDERFUL take on the no-patterned paper, too!

Peggy said...

Very pretty and feminine!!