Sunday, February 28, 2010

USA!

****IF YOUR LOOKING FOR AFTERNOON TEA PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE SECOND POST!****
I just finished watching the Canada vs USA hockey match and although I am proud and ever so grateful to be a US citizen I was just as thrilled to see Canada and Sid the Kid win the Gold medal! His game winning goal was so fast I totally missed it, he is amazing and we are so fortunate to have him play for Pittsburgh!

In keeping with the grateful and proud theme I wanted to post this card that I made for the MOXIE FAB CHALLENGE to use embroidery floss on your card before the deadline. Hence the second post for today.
I used embroidery floss as the straps for the soldiers parachute.
I gave Soldier Ian from THE GREETING FARM a little sex change and made him into Soldier Anya. After all girls work just as hard as the guys in aiding our country.


The card was made as a slider card so that she could lazily float back and forth and to reveal the sentiment which we all know is soooo true!

I have to say I love how this card turned out but don't have anyone to send it to. I have a sister that is retired from the Air Force but I don't have any friends or family that are currently in the military. If you have a loved one (female of course)that you think would enjoy this card leave a comment telling me you would like to have it. I will send it to the first person to do so. It is pretty big so it doesn't really fit in an envelope but it can be sent in a bubble mailer.

I have a tutorial on how I made the card but it is in pieces right now so I will have to post it on Tuesday.

Make sure you stop back tomorrow for something I am really excited about!

10 comments:

Mary Giles said...

Kim this is brilliant!!! I love how she even moves to reveal the little message. LOVE the parachute. Gorgeous coloring.

Gloria Dojlido said...

Totally adorable card...love this little parachuting guy!!!

I was happy to see Canada win Gold too.....was an awesome game!

Sparkplug17 said...

Just darling!

Sammi said...

Wow Kim.. this is AWESOME!!
xxx

Laura said...

haha.. this is soooo cute!!!! You have such wonderful ideas. I come very often to check your blog for inspiration :).

Hugs,
Laura

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh what a great idea...I have Soldier Ian,but not the parachute, but could free hand it. My son has been in the military quite a long time so I have even made cards for him to give to men in his command. He's even done the Parachute training. If you still have the card I could mail it to my neighbor girl starting to be an AIR FORCE Nurse. Lots of Reserves in the area are leaving in May for Afganistan.
Thanks for the great idea.

Laurie HIMCR said...

My DH is in the Air Force. He is a pilot who drops off other troups! Your card just adorable! TFS!!

Carol Weimer said...

Wow, what a beautiful and unique card....I love it.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for entering the Fun with Floss Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

WickedPixie said...

Kim, this card is AMAZING! I am floored by your creativity! :-)Traci