Sunday, July 18, 2010

SEW, WHAT'S NEW?

I know I have said this before but Kim Teasdale is one of my top stamping idols.  Because of the quality and creativity of her work I always leave her blog so inspired.  Why am I mentioning this? Cause I used her idea for today's project of course.  Check out her creation HERE
Kim's background made the perfect sewing (or picnic) basket, doncha think?  The current challenge at the ARTFUL INKABLES BLOG is to use some type of sewing on your project (actually followed the rules this time LOL!). I used the new SEW YOU set from Artful INKables which includes the sentiment.  I have a sewing basket that looks just like this that I got years ago from Longaberger.  Let me tell ya those things last for-ev-er and did you ever see a pic of their building? Way cool - it looks like one of their baskets.

This challenge is Sew Easy, click HERE for the deets.

Thanks so much for visiting with me today and a great week!

19 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore at your gorgeous projects, but I still always am! I LOVE the weaving of the embossed strips and the piece of "fabric" hanging out. Wonderful!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Love how you created the basket and that piece of fabric hanging over the front is perfect.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is super adorable Kim! so creative! I off to check out the other Kim's! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Don't know how you just keep these creative juices flowing! Incredible! :) Tracy

Amy Johnson said...

Well your one of MY stamping idols. Everything you do is always so creative! this is amazing!

Unknown said...

what an amazing project!!! love it!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is the cutest ever!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I just can imagine having an ounce of your creative power! Wow! Beth

Clare said...

wow, that's really cool!!

Sherri said...

That is wonderful!!!

Regan said...

This is absolutely amazing! Great work! Thank you for joining us at PaperCraft Star!

Regan

Dawn said...

adorable! I just love that basket! I've never seen your blog before, but just love your projects!!

Unknown said...

This project is totally fab! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Star for the "circles" challenge 5!

Suzy said...

Awesome card Kim! :) Thanks for playing at Papercraft Star!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

I'm with Amy- you are one of my stamping idols! Your creations are always so fantastic & that includes this one. It looks like a real basket. Very cute!

Tracy said...

WOW! I've never seen anything like this. The texture on your basket is so awesome. This is a fantastic project! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star Challenge Blog!

~* steph :) *~ said...

super cute!!! love the texture, the colors, and the sewing machine image! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star! *hugs* steph :)

Kim Teasdale said...

Wicked basket!! I saw this on SCS the other day but didn't have a chance to comment and when I was going through my fav's tonight I remembered that I needed to come and leave you some love :D Your basket is pure genius as are all of the projects on your blog! LOVE IT!

Tasha said...

Wow another amazing card! I love the the design its awesome
love tasha xx