Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HOW CHARMING!

I am going to get started early this year on my son's Halloween costume. We have something pretty cool in mind and it is going to take some time to put together. I may suck at being a parent sometimes but at least I can make a kick a** costume, LOL! I will post a pick when we get it done. In the mean time I have some party favors for you.
Marie at The Greeting Farm has totally outdone herself in creating some awesome Halloween digis which will be available September 15th!  I made some wine glass charms using shrink plastic and little baby beads for the guests initials.   I printed the digi's as is from the download (meaning I didn't change the size) onto inkjet shrinky paper.  They turned out about 1.5 inches which was just about right for the charms. Obviously the wine glasses are for the older crowd.
To adapt them for a kids party just attach the charms to a colorful ponytail holder and slide it on a plastic cup.

Next up I made a little pillow box party favor out of a tp roll (if you feel a little queesy using tp or want a bigger one use a paper towel roll).  I saw this idea at Skip to my Lou blog.  She has some awesome stuff there go check it out!
It is so simple and a great way to recycle.  Take a tp roll and cut some PP to the width of the roll and long enough to go around and a bit for an overlap.
Attach paper to the tube.  Little clothespins always help when I am in need of extra fingers.
Bend the ends inward so they over lap.

Embellish as you like.

And fill em up with goodies!
Stop back again tomorrow for another preview of these cuties!

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

These are totally awesome! I love the toilet paper rolls reinvented! I truly believe you could NOT possibly suck as a mom!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' these adorable little wine charms Kim! Can't wait to see the pics of your son's costume either! I'm sure it will be a masterpiece and I'm pretty sure you would be a contender for the "Mother of the Year" award if it actually existed ! TFS, the idea for recycling empty tp rolls ! :) Tracy

Tammy said...

Eick!!!! FUN FUN FUN!
WOW I'm blown away. Love your projects.

Jessica Diedrich said...

You are just AMAZING you know that? BEAUTIFUL projects and those little wine charms are just darling!!!

Alice said...

Oh Kim,
I would love it if you e mailed me how you did the charms. They are adorable. I don't have a printer so would it work with the regular stamps?
Thanks!
Alice
alicewong at telusplanet dot net

Jen Shults said...

Wow!!! All of these are just awesome! I love love love the candy tube and the drink charms... what a great idea for a Halloween party!

WickedPixie said...

Absolutely fabulous projects! And thanks so much for showing how to use the charms for kids - I have always wanted to do some sort of charms for my daughter's parties but I couldn't think how to put them on the plastic kids cups! :-)Traci

Unknown said...

these are both outstanding projects, kim! i love those wine glass charms...ingenious! great work!

Kelly Booth said...

WOWZER...your Amazing Girly!!! LOVE LOVE these!!!

Tasha said...

Wow so awesome, and fabulously creative
love tasha xx