Friday, March 11, 2011

REFURBISH IT FRIDAY!

Happy Friday!  My shadow box is slowly coming together and I can't wait to start filling in the cubbies.

I finished off the frame with a couple coats of water based varnish and then began assembling the background.
 I used a re-positionable glue pen to place the paper  on the background.  This was necessary as I had to place the paper on the background then place the wood over the top to make sure everything was covered.

I marked the edge with a pencil.

Then attached the paper with Mod Podge.

Once all the paper was adhered, I covered the entire thing with two more layers of Mod Podge.

I am really lovin' how this is turning out.  I wasn't so sure I could do it at first but I am glad I jumped in! I realized I forgot to paint the bottom - oops! So, I will have to do that next and maybe some PP on the sides.

Have a super weekend!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh this looks fabulous love the end result
love tasha xx

Emily said...

Seriously LOVE your shadow box!
You used such darling and charming paper...so cute!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Be sure to enter my giveaway, it ends 3/15.
Thanks!
-emily
nestnestingnested.blogspot

Amy Johnson said...

This is going to be so cute when your done! I can't wait to see the finished project!