Thursday, January 19, 2012

IN THE MEAN TIME.....

I have been busy on a couple projects and trying to get my daughter ready for college next year so I haven't spent much time blogging.  I forgot how many things are involved in getting ready for college- tours, housing, financial aid, etc., etc. In the mean time, to (hopefully) keep you amused, I am going to show some stuff I did last fall but never got around to posting. 

I made this hands free purse to lug around a book and camera to my kids events.  It is big enough to carry all the stuff I need but not too big.  It is sort of like a back pack too in that it goes over the shoulder so it doesn't keep slipping off like a regular purse.  Love this pattern and the fabric I found at my local quilt shop.

I modified the strap by making it a sling as apposed to what the pattern looks like.  It was easier to make and easier to wear.
The front has a little pocket for my phone, another for my chapstick and change and a zipper pouch.  I also added velcro along the inner edge of the top so things wouldn't spill out. 
I have gotten a lot of use out of this and I used the leftover fabric to make my kids advent stockings.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: